12 December 2006

Sweet Success


What would you think if I told you I invested four hours of my night baking cookies? I'd tell you some mighty sweet success!!
I got together with other members of our dorm small group to serve Jenkins Hall tonight. We baked cookies and put them together (in cute packages) to spread some Christmas love and give students a warm fuzzy as they go into finals. It is always fun to watch how people respond when you show random acts of kindness. Some can't believe it. Some are so thankful. Some are skeptical. Isn't that how people responded to Jesus?
We met new people tonight. Some asked why we were doing this and when we said we're a Bible study who wants to love and serve the dorm, they told us they'll join us next semester. Some seemed to hope that we would come around again with more goodies in hand. Many seemed thankful to be loved and served -- including the dorm staff.
Please pray that this would be an event to remember. Pray that the students we met (Courtney, Aneisha, & Kayla would come to small group next semester). Pray that we would have many more interactions and conversations with the new friends we made. And pray for creativity to reach out and love and serve Jenkins Hall in new ways next semester.

No comments: