09 April 2009

Easter 2009



This Sunday, we will celebrate Easter.
When you think of Easter, what do you picture?
Family?
A pretty dress?
An egg hunt?
A stone rolled away?
A basket?
Chocolate?
A bunny?
Seder dinner?
I am trying to think of ways to think about Easter in meaningful and new ways this
year.
I'd love to hear what you most enjoy about Easter or how you celebrate it!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I don't have any real "concrete" memories of Easter necessarily, which is good I guess in that my parents didn't focus on the bunny & the eggs & all that. But it's also sad to me that we didn't have some kind of more meaningful tradition throughout the years to highlight what Easter is all about.

This year I really wanted to attend the Maundy Thursday service at our church, since I've never been to one & I wanted to focus more on Jesus than anything else this year. Sadly I'm not going to be able to make it, but my "hope" is that I can incorporate small things like that into the week before Easter that serve the entire family a reminder of what exactly Easter is about.

Yes, Daniel still did an egg hunt this week, but other than that, we have no plans as a family. Just going to the church service on the weekend.