03 August 2009

Week 5, Part 2

I'm not here to tell you that I think I'm losing my running edge or anything... But I will say that 2 miles that I ran just the other day (WITHOUT A SECOND OF WALKING) created both some soreness and some exhilaration.
If you would have asked me even 2 months ago if I thought I could run, okay fine, slowly jog 20 minutes AND STILL BE BREATHING AND ABLE TO MOVE at the end, I would have thought you were crazy. Or that I'm crazy.
It's not that I'm a couch potato either. Not in the true sense of the word. It's hard to be one with a little person to chase around anyway (though I do log a good deal of computer time and I am working on scaling back as much as possible -- particularly internet black hole-age!). But 20 minutes seemed like a ludicrous amount.
And I also know 20 minutes is no big whoop for those marathoners or men and women of steel, er iron, out there. But for this chickadee, I'm telling you, 20 minutes is worth celebrating for at least 20 minutes.
So for those of you out there who look at my blog here and there, yes, I'm crazy. 20 minutes. I'm getting there!
And I'm celebrating each minute...

20 DOWN 10 TO GO!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

HEATHER - that is so exciting! I hope to someday take up the "torch" of learning to run, as I have been encouraged by watching my good friend Jane document her blogging journey (http://muchadocorrecorre.blogspot.com/) and now YOU. :) Both journey's sound much like how I would start off, never thinking it even possible that I could run without stopping (& dying of course) for longer than 20 seconds a time! :) I love reading about how your process is working. Yeah for new adventures! :)