12 August 2009

Week 7, Pure Leaven

Leaven has the connotation of rising and so I'm rising to the goal of week 7.
The program has tricked me into jogging, but week 7 has me no longer fooled. Jogging 2 1/2 miles is not something that can be snuck up on you. Well, up until now, this whole jogging program was sneaky. But now I'm on to them. Tricksters!
How on earth did you, oh sneaky of sneakiests, get me to run 2 1/2 miles and I'm alive to tell?
I am not going to be breaking any records for speed and I know 2.5 miles is not very much in the big picture, but I am quite content being able to say I've risen (leaven) to the challenge. Week 8 & 9, bring it on!
My only concern at this point is the 5K i'm participating in involves a terrain that seems more difficult than the terrain I run on. Well, if I can go from 0 miles to 2.5 in 7 weeks, I guess a little variation in terrain hopefully won't knock me off my game too much.
I'm off

No comments: