28 September 2009

Autumn's Arrival


Of course the first day of Autumn had temperatures much more characteristic of summer. It was about 100 degrees on September 22, 2009. Not what you would anticipate for the Autumnal Equinox.
I am rather excited about autumn this year. I anticipate less daylight, but more fun. More pumpkin patch visits and the Polar Express, less concern about dreary weather. More apple cider and cups of my fancy hot cocoa, less lost produce? More fun with family and friends and neighbors, hours of sleep gained?
You know that before electricity, people slept as much time as our bodies needed. When it was dark, you slept. I am hopeful this autumn and winter I will sleep more as the daylight shortens. Perhaps you'll consider taking this challenge with me?
I am very much looking forward to autumn. There are many things in store for our lives, our family, and our ministries in the coming months...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello! You really should share what kind of cocoa you referred to!

Love reading your blog again. And maybe you didn't set out to include the running updates, but I just had fun reading them. Someday I'll call you about my relay dream!

Love you and your blog.

heathorock said...

My own fancy cocoa recipe: A LOT of hot chocolate mix, some vanilla extract, and some whipped cream. If I'm being REALLY fancy, I add chocolate shavings on the whipped cream.