There's a double meaning to the title of this blog.
There is both a kidlet I spend time with every day who is very much in progress as he learns and grows at an astonishing rate everyday as well as a kidlet-in-the-forming who is growing at equally amazing rates but whom I have yet to meet.
Kidlet #1 Progress Update: Me, "MJ, where do you live?" Kidlet, "Sacwamento. Avocodo." I never imagined a half high (as my dad calls him) who is under two to master four syllables. Or sentences for that matter. Or memorize the majority of nursery rhymes. CRAZY and cool!
I'm also caught off guard about how the same word wizard can quickly deteriorate into sub-human in the time it takes to snap your fingers due to the crazy hormonal activity that's happening inside of his body. Thankfully, it's not terribly difficult to "talk him down." But the melt-down-in-a-minute-MJ still exists.
It is exhilarating to be in this process.
Kidlet #2 Progress Update: This kiddo is less mellow than Kidlet Numero Uno. I have been more sick in just a month's time with this kiddo (and still am on and off!?!?) than I was the whole time Kidlet 1 was forming. This itty bitty kidlet is about the size of the banana and while not hyper-active, definitely wants to join in on the action of the day here and there.
Well, that's a kidlet update.
2 comments:
I have always been astonished that D has been able to pronounce dinosaur names from a very young age. And that you could understand him (if you knew dinosaur names...).
And I'm so glad you find the melt-down process exhilerating. I need a new word because at nearly four, the melt-down process is NOT exhilerating anymore...
and bummer about being sick :( but isn't it all going super fast?
Post a Comment