it's that time of year again, folks!
seed starting time.
you can start your own seeds for pennies,
or you can buy plants that someone else started for pennies
at more than 3 times the cost.
either way, if you actually grow food at the end of the season,
and a fair amount of it, you'll save money.
so, if you have any capacity in your life for an experiment,
i'd give it a try.
i'm at least 6 years into the experiment and i
-learn something new every year
-have an epic fail each year
-eat at least some food that i grow each year (and pretty much each season now)
i'm hoping to
-increase my yields this year
-not fry my seedlings (twice)
-do a good job with the varieties i try out
-share food with neighbors and friends
-put some plants into the ground (1 orange, 1 lemon, 1 fig, 2 blueberries and rasberries)
-find a good spot for the blackberries (they'll be contained so they don't take over our life!)
hope you join me in some healthy growth pursuits this year.
happy planning/planting!

2 comments:
I would love to grow seeds but we have little to no direct sunlight indoors :( I love seeing your little seedlings growing :)
I have a little 4 level outdoor (MINI) greenhouse. the year I was most successful I grew my seeds inside. hopefully I won't scorch or burn my many, many seeds this year!
Post a Comment