10 December 2009

christmas classic


Questions to reflect upon your traditions and joys of the Christmas season.


Egg nog or hot chocolate?

Hot chocolate for me, egg nog for da da.

Does Saint Nikolaus wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
I believe we'll probably have Saint Nikolaus give us the gift of giving. He'll make it possible for us to give a gift to someone who has much need. Ask me about this in a few years from now...

Coloured lights on tree/house or white?
WHITE. clean, crisp, classy. white on the tree. white lights in the front windows...

Do you hang mistletoe?
When I remember. Why not!

When do you put up your decorations?
After Thanksgiving towards the beginning of December.

What's your favourite Christmas dish?
Tradition had us eating turkey and all the sides which was delicious. I haven't had time to figure out my own personal Christmas favorite yet.

Favourite Christmas memory as a child?
Singing christmas carols around the piano maybe? (sadly i have a bad memory)

When and how did you learn the truth about Father Christmas?
Not sure. Family? Help!

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We always opened presents on Christmas eve after a Christmas special movie on tv. And after we heard the bell ring. We would high tail it down the stairs!

How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
My aunt and DH's family gave us ornaments pretty much each year of our life growing up so those, along with our white lights, bring our tree to life.

Snow! Love it or dread it?
Both. It is nice to experience a white christmas (or new years) on occasion. Growing up we had white christmases all the time and that was fun. Our climate isn't very conducive for snow (unless we get in our car and drive a little ways).

Can you ice skate?
Oh yes. Our little town has an outdoor ice skating rink too, which I'm rather excited about. A small group of mine went for an ice skating night a couple years back and got to skate (and get a picture) with the local ice hockey team!!

Do you remember your favourite gift(s)?
Nichole, the kitty. A bike. And a keyboard. Those stand out for some reason.

What's the most important thing about Christmas for you?
Being together with loved ones. Experiencing joy. Creating meaning and traditions.

What's your favourite Christmas dessert?
I'm not sure. Something homemade with chocolate perhaps.

What's your favourite Christmas tradition?
We're working on that. I do love decorating the tree with lights and ornaments from the past. I am also loving celebrating advent.

What tops your tree?
A big ole silver store that was 75% off at an after christmas sale...

Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
It depends. Both?

What's your favourite Christmas song?
I think I'm partial to Silent Night these days. Between kidlet LOVING the song and it's German roots...
I know how to play Greensleeves on the piano (one of very few songs) so I enjoy that one for that reason.

Candy canes?
Mostly in hot chocolate or for decorating gifts...

No comments: