05 February 2010

Big Trip

If you're under 3 feet tall, than almost any excursion you take can have the feel of a big trip.  But the trip we're taking today seems like an especially Big Trip to our little man.  We're going to take the bus to explore our city for a little bit.  If it were a little less windy and just a tad bit warmer, it really would be the perfect day for a Big Trip.  But since the Groundhog told us to anticipate 6 more weeks of winter, this day will do just fine (at least it's not raining).
When's the last time you explored your city/town/community by bus?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

In Hanford when Joe was a little guy, we rode the bus one whole time around the city (about a 40-minute trip). With more than one little one, it's a lot less fun, sorry to say. But my kids want to ride the double-decker city bus here and we keep promising them we will. We'll see!

Stephen said...

every day

Vicki said...

The only time Danny's been on a bus is getting around various airports. I'm bummed I didn't do something fun like that before Levi came along, but it really never seemed like it would be a "fun" experience - more fun for him but way stressful for me because all I could envision is lots of running & yelling & tears since he couldn't stay in one spot for very long.

Now with Levi in the mix it's not even a thought in my mind. BUT, I do hope to take the train to visit my parents when Levi gets a bit older. I have no idea why a bus seems scarier than a train, but, it does. Hope it was fun for you guys!