Part of the challenge of eating well for two is trying to have healthy breakfasts. Since diabetes runs in the family, cereal and milk are supposed to be banned from the breakfast options. Thus I've been eating omelettes a lot. My favorite is when I walk out the back door, pick up a few veggies or herbs, and then throw down with a bit of cheese and savor that amazing garden fresh taste. I also like that our neighbors have different produce in their gardens to share. Here is a picture showing one mornings' delicious omelette filling...
Here's the place to come if you're interested in what's going on with InterVarsity Urban in Sactown and our family... Feel free to leave comments/suggestions anytime.
18 July 2010
Garden Fresh
Part of the challenge of eating well for two is trying to have healthy breakfasts. Since diabetes runs in the family, cereal and milk are supposed to be banned from the breakfast options. Thus I've been eating omelettes a lot. My favorite is when I walk out the back door, pick up a few veggies or herbs, and then throw down with a bit of cheese and savor that amazing garden fresh taste. I also like that our neighbors have different produce in their gardens to share. Here is a picture showing one mornings' delicious omelette filling...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Heather, sounds delicious. There is diabetes in my family too. I am looking for some better breakfast ideas too. Unfortunately I have learned that I don't tolerate eggs. Been thinking of you!
Post a Comment