2012 is here
I'm continuously in a state of learning who I am, how I function (best), and what my capacity is at this life stage (two little people, childcare co-op, non-profit director, wife, neighbor, etc).
To sum it all up, my hope for this year is simplicity.
Last year I came up with a ton of elaborate goals.
I didn't think they were that extraordinary, but they weren't simple.
This year, it's simplicity.
Less is more, they say, and I believe that's true.
I've taken some small steps towards simplicity already.
I decluttered about 40 or so pounds on New Years. Of clothes. (if only i'd lost 1/2 of that in weight!!)
We recently swapped out fridges. That created some more decluttering. Less unnecessary junk on shelves. More is easily seen which will hopefully lead to less wasted.
My big hairy audacious next goal is trying to return to a toy & book rotation system that my mom helped me start a couple of years ago. I wasn't great at the actual rotation. And then I had another little guy and I was too busy with work and keeping up with 2 little guys, so I quit. But it's simple to implement and just needs to be done.
Less toys to play with, from my last toy & book rotation experience, really leads to more fun for kidlets (less to choose from somehow equaled more fun) and less mess which makes the adults in the house happy).
I've also undertaken the task of trying to be more serious about a home management (or whatever you want to call it) binder (+ taxes, cooking & projects). A main goal is to be organized and to cut down on paper clutter which is my biggest issue.
Many blogs and other sources have helped me try to hone in on a system that works. I had a notebook started (thanks flylady!) a couple or more years back, but rarely used it. It could be, but hopefully is not, a passing fad, but it's probably already gotten more attention in 2012 than it ever did in the past.
Well, back to the grind.
I have some work and other projects to work on. One at a time.
Hope you have a great year and that you have some vision for what you'd like to, or feel led to, accomplish this year as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment