02 March 2010

Sunny Days

Yesterday there was a particular silver lining on our afternoon yesterday...
Little guy (LG) took a short nap and I was quite nervous that would mean grouchy city.
We'd seen some older neighborhood kids out on our family neighborhood walk this weekend that caught LG's attention. They had bikes and scooters and skateboards, oh my!
So when faced with how to keep LG happy for the afternoon, I suggested a walk to see if we could find kids.
LG kept saying "kids, kids, kids..."
I was slightly worried our walk would leave us empty handed.
As we began walking down the block, we found there were, in fact, a handful of kids around. Two of them are just a couple months older than LG. They have little "autos" (cars), tricycles, and other fun things to ride around on. The crazy thing is that it was sunny and nice outside. LG took his coat off and played to his heart's delight.
First tricycle ride. First little friend who touched his hair on and off (not so used to blondies, let's say) the whole time. Lots of kids, a few adults. Fun, fun, fun. (And great conversation for the adults too!)
Two and a half hours later, LG and I left having enjoyed the beauty, creativity, and companionship of a warm afternoon on the block.
Contentment!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE times like that. Glad you both had some.