I mention that because my birthday is at hand and I haven't even attempted to make any sort of birthday hoop-la as I normally would. I used to have a 10 (or more) day countdown that EVERYONE got to hear. I haven't even really done a 7 day countdown this time around.
And it's not because I'm worried about getting old. I mean, truth be told, I am getting older. But for some reason, I'm not so worried about that. I guess it's because I'm young at heart.
I haven't really focused on my birthday because so many other things are going on.
Last weekend a bunch of friends (old and new) came this way mainly to get some exercise, aka a race. We hung out and had lots of fun (will we ever stop talking about Gustavo, the life coach?). The 3 weekends before that, I had UC Merced folks in town for SUD's (S. Urban Dips).
But the main whirlwind revolves around the upcoming Plunge that begins on my birthday.
Funny enough, I'm not worried about sharing my birthday with a group of people I'll mostly be meeting that day. Normally I'd be bummed to not have more opportunities to celebrate, at least the weekend of my birthday or very close to the date. I'm actually really looking forward to spending a week with folks from Merced & Cal and so my birthday seems like an aside almost. I probably will provide cupcakes so at least there's some sort of fun associated with the day!
Anyway, here's to whirlwind days, birthdays, and lots of exciting things coming up.
Mercy!

3 comments:
Happiest of birthdays, even without the hoopla! It's still a great date to commemorate. Wish I could be there - I'd bake a cake for you and sing a silly song and make you wear a hat and give you some presents!
Happy happy day today! I've discovered the upside of not focusing on my birthday has been that anything that comes in the mail or is said or done for me is truly a great surprise! Like, I had forgotten it was my birthday that week & wow - someone sent me a card or a gift!
The only thing I still hang my hat on is getting my own birthday cake. That hasn't happened since I got married - the roomies were always great to remember how much I enjoy angel food cake with strawberries. The hubby - not so much :( But I'm still hoping to see my own birthday cake someday!!
Have a wonderful day today. :)
Happy Birthday to YOU! Hope you had a great day today! And, happy plunging. (:
Post a Comment