31 December 2010

2010. Peace out!


I must say, I am a big fan of life. And it seems like each year gets better than the last.
A few highlights of 2011:

*celebrating 7 years with an incredibly bright, supportive, funny husband. I LOVE HIM!
*enjoying MJ aka "little bear" prosper. it's been particularly exciting watching his communication skills improve. DH and i are astounded on a regular basis by what words adn thoughs come out of his mouth, particularly at his age
*welcoming an itty bitty bear into our family. it's been fun and adventurous to adjust to all the nuances of life with a little and his big brother
*watching as students come to an urban dip or plunge and literally leave changed
*growing in relationship with family, neighbors, and friends

three words to sum up 2010: thankful, adventure, growth
three words i hope will encapsulate 2011: depth, joy, giving

As we exit 2010, may you reflect on all the good gifts you've received this past year and all that you look forward to (not expectations, but possibilities) for 2011!

And if you'd like some good food for thought, simplemom.net has some great questions for you to think about your year. These questions are to help you think ahead to 2011. I'd be happy to hang out and chat about any of these over a nice cup of hot chocolate with you if you're interested.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm in! Bring on the hot cocoa. Gotta go check out the questions...

Kristi said...

Yes, I really do want to sit and have hot cocoa with you and discuss...how's April? September?